Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Why did I eat too much?

Last evening we decided that nothing in the house would cure our hunger so we went out for some steaks.  We haven't been to Outback in forever, literally.  We used to go there on a fairly regular basis, but we have been being good and cooking our own dinner.


The only problem I have ever had there is eating too much food.  I do it just about every time and I know that going into the restaurant.  I sit there and look at the menu and think I should just get the 10oz ribeye and not the 14oz.  When the waitress stands there and I make my order I say the 14oz every time.  My mind is thinking one thing but my stomach must take control of my mouth and say it for me.  I guess my stomach must have short term memory.  It also yells at me every time that I leave "why did you eat so much food?!"


I know, I know I don't have to eat every thing on my plate.  Well I can blame this on my parents for making me always clean my plate.  If I get it I eat it, totally my parents fault, not mine.

5 comments:

  1. I would blame the restaurant also. When restaurants give me a normal sized portion, I am ok. When they give me double and triple the portion I am in trouble. It's all about the up-sell for them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! You didn't get too much to eat. Don't blame me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should have quit after the mushrooms, bread and salad, but I kept going too. Maybe next time I should order for you and you should order for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the "blame the rents" theory, however, I have another theory.

    It deals mainly with the misconception that men execute decision making with their genitalia. Although it is easy to see why one might believe this "he thinks with his junk" theory, I happen to believe that a man's brain is actually under the direct supervision and takes orders from his stomach.

    This also directly relates to and explains the whole "way to a man's heart is through his stomach" belief..

    The stomach is in charge of the heart as well.


    r.j. squirrel

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, R.J., are you saying that bringing food to Billy at Butt's really worked? I knew it!

    ReplyDelete