Thursday, July 15, 2010

I am the Imelda Marcos of t-shirts


So I counted my t-shirts recently and had over 125, hard to get the exact count with that many.  That isn't even counting the long sleeve t-shirts or other shirts that I own as well.  Most of them are lined up on a metal pipe in my basement, kinda like above, except not as organized and more squished.  I also have some boxed in my attic that I didn't count.  My sister-in-law was saying that my bro had a lot of them, he only had 40.

I like t-shirts, I can't help it.  If I go somewhere new I usually stop at a Harley store and pick up a new shirt.  If I go to a store and there is a shirt with a fun saying on it I buy it.  I get some to support my favorite sports teams.  If the shirt.woot strikes my fancy I order it.  I have them from old jobs and Old Navy.  I have some that I inherited from my grandfathers.  Basically I have them from everywhere.

I think my oldest one is a Buffalo Bills one that I have had since high school, it has Jim Kelly on it.  I wore it in my picture for my college student ID.   I still break it out during the football season.  It is getting thin and developing holes, but it is still wearable.

Having said all that, I am starting to get rid of some of them.  I went through and pulled out old work shirts, and some others that I knew I never wear and wasn't going to wear.  I still have over a hundred, but I will probably keep going through them and pull out a handful at a time and slowly knock them down under a hundred.  The bar that they are hanging on is already easier to navigate.  I may start wearing ones I haven't worn in awhile because I forgot about them.  I can think of a couple that I am going to get rid of next time I go through them.  I am on a mission.

Since I am freeing up all this space it means I can buy some more right?

4 comments:

  1. You inherited that from me. I too collect T shirts from where ever I go, as well as for the color. Although I am not as bad as you. After weaning some out recently I am down to 63.(No long sleeves or dressier types in that count) I don't hang on to ones that are holey, really worn or stained.
    Now that I think about it I have another one on order. Some of mine are hanging up but many are folded. I have to make my self go to the bottom of the piles to find ones I haven't worn for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! 'Squished'.

    I think you should get a new T-shirt to celebrate the progress you've made. It really is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The McCartts won't get rid of T-shirts...instead, they make pillows out of them. When I say the McCartts...I do not include myself. Maybe you could have a talk with them...tell them it is okay to throw/give away old/ill fitting shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, that is alot!

    My husband loves t-shirts too....all he wears and he has SO many. It is funny because he wears the same ones all the time because his others are all packed away in bins or tightly packed in the dresser. However we can not get rid of any, as he will wear it some day.

    ReplyDelete