Thursday, August 5, 2010

Gremlins

Sometimes when I am really hungry I picture a whole hoard of gremlins in my stomach fighting each other, like Michael Vick's dogs. That, of course, is where the growls come from.  Each gremlin is in there fighting the other ones so they are up front and center for when that food does come down the pipe.  None of the gremlins actually kill the other gremlins, if they did I wouldn't be so hungry, they just wrestle and growl a bunch.
Then when I do eat something they are on it, like a bunch of football players trying to grab a loose football.  The smarter ones wait for the second piece to come down the pipe, then there are multiple dog piles going on and it is just chaos!  Sometimes I fool them and drink something. They are so confused and don't really know what to do for a little while, but then they catch on and start fighting again.  I usually try to avoid these situations, I don't really like fighting, but I have tried to cut out evening snacking so in the morning there is a battle royal going on down there.    I might have to find the right time to eat a snack that will tide me over until breakfast.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had it in you! The gremlins or the wacky similes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHAHA! I loved that.

    "Sometimes I fool them and drink something." Awesome!

    And you are right, you can't feed them late out night....or it will not be good.

    ReplyDelete