Thursday, May 6, 2010

That isn't a fair trade

The current series of Ford commercials bug me every time I see one.  The ones where they swap out your normal car for a brand new Ford of a similar model.  They get the family to help and they supposedly let the unsuspecting driver use a fancy new car for a week or so.

My problem lies in the fact that it seems they always give them the decked out model of the vehicle to use.  They are praising the back up camera, super SYNC system (alliteration for my wife).  The turn by turn GPS.  Well if you take my car away and let me use all those fancy gadgets, that I can't afford, of course I am going to love your vehicle.  They should be trading cars with all the same perks if they want to get a fair comparison.   Maybe they really wanted those perks in their car but they couldn't afford the extra ten or twenty grand so they just got AC and power locks.  If they have vehicles with the same perks then they are on equal ground to start from and just compare the actual cars and their drives and roominess and whatnot.  They do say something about the actual drive of the vehicle but it is lost in all the gadgets they talk about and praise.  Don't know why I care I just do.

2 comments: