Thursday, December 9, 2010

I am a bad Boy Scout today


I did all the Cub Scouting and Boy Scouting growing up.  When you get to a certain age in they introduce pocket knifes to you. They teach you a whole bunch of rules to follow that help keep you safe from injury.  In Boy Scouts they give  you the Totin' Chip Card after you learn it all.  Well I broke one of the rules today.  I cut toward myself.  You aren't supposed to do that in case the knife slips and you cut yourself.  Well I cut toward myself and slipped and cut myself.  I guess I will get my Totin' Chip taken from me now.  It wasn't a bad cut, but that doesn't matter, it was still a cut that was caused by not following the rules.  I guess I won't be able to carry my trusty Swiss Army knife now.  I will be lost with out it.  It is my fault though.

3 comments:

  1. I have never heard of the totin chip - nice educational post.

    I feel like the boy scouts did cooler stuff than the girl scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bad Billy. But I don't think you get your card taken away for one infraction. If I remember correctly they would bend or tear a corner and when you reached 4 infractions it was taken away. So you can keep your Swiss army knife.

    ReplyDelete