Tuesday, November 9, 2010

I love playing with my balls!

BuckyBalls are a totally fun toy that I got a couple of months ago when I was visiting my mom in Buffalo.  Buckyballs are 216 powerful rare earth magnets, you can shape them into all kinds of different shapes and designs. Like this cube:

Or this cone like thingy:


Or this Hexagon:

You can make what ever you feel like, I guess a friend made a dog out of them earlier.  Of course they have a Facebook page, and on there you can submit pictures into contests of things you created.  One person was quoted as saying "This is Silly Putty for the 21st century".  

I got them at one of the sweetest toy stores ever right around the corner from where I grew up.  It has all kinds of neat stuff.  I totally knew they would have these before we got there.  I had seen these Buckyballs somewhere on the internets and thought they were really cool, but they do have a little bit high of a price tag so I didn't order them for myself.  So I see them at this store and started playing with them and they were lots of fun.  One thing that did catch me off guard was the fact that they had a sign on the display that warned that you must be 21 years old to purchase.  This caught me a little off guard so I asked why,  well I guess that you could die if you swallow more than one.  They have a pretty strong attraction to each other and they would tear holes in your intestines, not good.  I have them at work now so the little guy doesn't get into them.  I will probably end up ruining my computer here, I hope that doesn't happen.

If you are looking for an interesting gift for an adult friend these maybe it.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! The title rocks.

    These are interesting. Seems a bit pricey for what they are, but that doesn't mean they wouldn't be fun! When I go to see Terry at work at NAPA, I always play with his powerful magnets! teehee

    It is weird that the age is 21. Do they not trust that 18 year olds won't swallow them?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The name of this blog does make a mother's heart stop but I do agree they are really neat to play with.

    ReplyDelete