Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Rocking and Running

I have been doing the diet thing for over a year, more seriously for the last three months.  Over all I have lost 45 pounds, 24 pounds in the last three months.  Last week I started hitting the gym at lunch time again since it seems that the weight loss has slowed down and I needed to kick the metabolism up a bit.  The first thing I did in the gym was run and I got out a half mile and didn't even have to push myself, it was easy.  The combination of weighing less and exercise has made it pretty darn easy for me to run a half mile.  Now that might not mean much for most, but for me at this point in my life is great.  When I first started my running I wanted to quit after a quarter mile, and I had to push through to get out a whole block.  Now let me say I am not going out and running any 5Ks soon, but it is nice to see progress.  It makes me feel good.

4 comments:

  1. WAY TO GO! 45 pounds is awesome, and 24 in the last 3 months! What have you been doing?

    I hear you on the running. I have been trying a combination of job/walk on the treadmill. When I first started I thought I was going to die after a minute of jogging, but with less weight on me and a tiny bit of strength it makes a huge difference and I surprise my self how long I can go. I think you should be VERY proud of this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WK, I have killed my snacking. I think I ate 10 times more candy on Halloween than I did the rest of the three months. I don't eat anything after dinner. Watch my portions. Increased my exercise. I think I am going to start counting the calories a little closer now, and working out at lunch is increasing my exercise even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome B. You should be so proud!

    ReplyDelete