Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The McRib


The McRib is currently being sold at McDonald's for a limited time.  It has been on and off this way for quite a few years now.  They tried it out a while back and it didn't do all they great so they dropped it.  Then it was brought back again on a limited basis from time to time.  They even had a few farewell tours for the McRib, and some "Save the McRib" campains with petitions and such (started by McD's as a marketing campaign I believe).  The Simpsons even did an episode mocking it where Homer followed the McRib as it moved from market to market.  It is now some sort of cult classic sandwich.  I was kind of shocked that my wife had never eaten one, I thought everyone had at least tried it once.  I don't think I have had one in five or six years, but I had to try it and see what it is all about.  Well today I am going to subject my wife to one of these strange sandwiches for lunch.  Whether she wants it or not she is taking at least one bite of the McRib.

3 comments:

  1. Just another reason why some of my friends think I am a communist....I have never had one, nor do I care to have one. My husband LOVES these, but I can't do it.

    Don't get me wrong, I love me some ribs....but this is just not right. I will not even take a bite of this! Let us know what Amber thinks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mission successful! She took a couple bites of mine, she said it wasn't bad. I didn't make her get her own in case she hated it.

    WK, what isn't right? It is just pork shaped into sandwich form, just like it is chicken shaped into nugget form or patty form, or beef into burger form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I have food tastes like a dude and fight to eat like a woman.

    Example:

    LOVE the McRib, settle for a salad. Hate it.

    These sandwiches are disgusting in theory, so tasty in person.

    I like how they KNOW they are disgusting though. The Simpson episode was amazing.

    ReplyDelete